I wanted to post some of the 'signs' in Brian's body that the doctors brought up but yet no one could explain.
* high arched palette
* unable to unbend his legs fully (they said he must have been cramped in the womb and no room to kick).
* unable to open his hands all the way without help; notice in the previous pictures how his pointer and pinky stick out and the rest are curled under.
* poor muscle tone overall; especially notable in the face; he couldn't suck on a bottle and no gag reflex. He couldn't hold his head up well.
* at about a year we noticed one side of his chest appeared not as developed as the other (this was the doctor's explanation when I questioned how something didn't look right)....turned out he had scoliosis due to the poor muscle tone (more on that in a later post).
* unable to eat any solid foods
* no smile on his lips....but definitely could see his smile in his eyes---they sparkled so.
* frequent refluxing of his feedings (however, we were clueless for a while as to what was going on there too)
* never crawled; rolled to get where he wanted to go (more on that later too and how we helped him there).
* any kind of cold would send him to the hospital in respiratory distress. (unable to cough up the congestion in his chest or even breath through it)
Collegiate Clothes for Kids
3 days ago